Sunday, September 16, 2012

snippets from my life


Leslie was in a great war. It was a civil war involving her brothers and sisters. She choose the winning side the Lord´s side. Because she did so, she was given the opportunity to be born into a loving family. Many families are loving, but Leslie was born into special circumstances. Both her parents were the oldest of large families. So many people were looking forward to Judy and Conrad´s 1st child. Tragically, their first child, Bretton, passed away not long after he was born in March of ´66. About One year later, in March of ´67, Leslie was born. All babies are loved, but it seemed Once again, Leslie was especially blessed. She was born with a best friend waiting for her. Best friends are kind, loving, share experiences good and bad, are easy to talk to, share common interests and build each other up. Her best friend was also related…Her Aunt Darlene.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

 My childhood could have been plucked from an episode of ¨The L ittle House on the Prairie¨ crossed with the ¨Brady Bunch!¨  Of course I would be the oldest girl Mary or Marsha. Mmm interestingly I hate girl names that start with M.

My favorite TV episode was Star Trek The Next Generation episode with Q. He had unlimited power and knowledge no self’discipline, which equaled absolute misery for everyone else. We are here on earth to learn and show Father He can give us unlimited power and we won´t abuse it. A single trip to HomeTown Buffet showed me that I have a lot of learning to do.

I hate surprises. One family trip we took was to Salt Lake City and temple square where we met Kaitlynn. She surprised me by arranging Bretton to come down on the bus from BYUi. She knew as much as I disliked surprises, I love being with my family more.

I have never felt comfortable singing, but over the years have come to love music more and more. While I disliked singing in front of people, I decided music was important enough to keep at it. Dave and Jesse and Ben and DJ are so talented music. I encouraged our family to choose several songs and learn them in harmony and sing for family get togethers.  So far we have chosen ¨Carol of the Bells¨ and Äll that the earth can Yield¨ by Orson Scott Card, and Hymn 81.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment